Justification: An assessment is made of a business problem or a business opportunity, which gives rise to the BI project.
Business Analysis: Create a list of benefits a BI solution will have to the organization based on the Business Objectives and the KPIs.
SPECTRA’S IMPLEMENTATION METHODOLOGY
Our BI implementation is an accumulation of experience, best practice and existing methodologies. It is important that a BI implementation methodology is repeatable, scalable and adaptable. In order to achieve success in business intelligence you must ensure that that your solution is not merely viewed and executed as a reporting tool but is designed to answer key business questions and empowers your organization to make sound business decisions based upon trusted data.
Our Five-step business intelligence implementation methodology is an agile, scalable, focused, efficient and cost-effective implementation . The methodology is designed to encourage strong client involvement every step of the way and establish a strong project management foundation to help deliver your project on time, in scope and at budget.
Phase I – Initiating and Planning Phase
- The business problem or business opportunity is defined and a BI solution is proposed. Each BI application release should be cost-justified and should clearly define the benefits of either solving a business problem or taking advantage of a business opportunity
- Key strategies developed
- Establish project management team
- Develop project plan and project charter. The Project Charter is defined in terms of Goals and objectives , Scope (the expected project deliverable) , Risks , Constraints ,Assumptions ,Change-control procedures ,Issues management procedures
- Identify assigned resources, deliverables and timing of the key deliverables.
Phase II – Design Phase
- Create blueprint of future business processes and technical infrastructure
- Analyze current legacy system and associated business processes against new features and functions
- Finalize project plan
- Complete a gap analysis assessment
- Compare delivered Business Objects functionality to organization’s business requirements
- Analyze requirements against a reporting solution vs. a business intelligence solution
- Complete a preliminary base configuration
- Analyze interfaces (data sources)
- Develop design documents for business processes, training material, test scripts and implementation script
Phase III – Execution Phase
- Configuration and unit testing
- Confirm functionality
- Develop & customize training mechanisms
- Develop & implement ongoing system operations procedures
- Execute disposition of all customizations
- Ensure data integrity
- Training development for end users
Phase IV – Deploy Phase
- Testing to validate new system\
- Perform functional, integration, user acceptance, performance and parallel testing
- Log, review and resolve testing failures
- Move to production “rollout”
- Exit interview and “lessons learned” meeting
- Summary documents
Phase V – Manage
- Support, Maintenance and Tuning to overcome any initial operational and user challenges
- Further changes managed under Integrated Change Management System